Chinese Language Teaching and Learning Materials
.pdf files below are prepared to enable students and teachers to
conveniently and inexpensively print out double-sided flashcard sheets
The following files were made using Word XP and the Microsoft (free)
Input Method Editor (IME) for Simplified Chinese. The tone marks
were derived from the Insert>Symbol pull-down menu. The .pdf
files are made using Primopdf (a free program) while utilizing the
Zoom feature found on Microsoft Word just
above the print button in the print menu. The lower
right hand box on the print screen menu is titled "Zoom" and asks
"pages per sheet." The .pdf flashcard files below are based
upon 16 flashcards per 8.5 x 11 page.
In case you wish to
produce more cards or of different sizes, you may wish to use the
one Word file provided as a simple, get-you-started template. To
help in organizing these files which tend to grow rather large, you may
want to click on View>Zoom. There you should choose a
number around 10% in order that exactly 8 columns of pages appear on
your monitor. This lets you quickly know if you have created one
too many or one too few pages.
1. Click here for a 5 page complete Pinyin pronunciation guide for Mandarin Chinese
2. Click here to download or open a .pdf file for 16 sets of 115 Simplified Chinese character flashcards.
3. Click here to download or open a .pdf file for one individual set of 48 Simplified Chinese character flashcards.
4. Click here for 38 large (8.5 x 11) color-coded characters suitable for transparencies or magnetic sheets.
5. Click here for a Microsoft Word file that may help you to make your own flashcards.
Any questions or comments, please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org